Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Time for a change?

I abhor change. My greatest fear is of the unknown and obviously, with change, comes some measure of the unknown. Transition is not something I welcome. Which is why it is rather remarkable and unsettling that I want a change in my current status. I can’t talk to my real, 3D friends about this: I actually want a boyfriend. I mentioned it to one and she asked me why I had suddenly become so desperate. My best friend won’t understand, but then I myself don’t really. Another friend will be so happy because if I get a boyfriend soon, she wins the bet we have. So I burden you, my virtual pals, with my silliness.
I have never been a girl who needed a man/boy. I believe in being a strong (physically, emotionally and mentally), independent woman. I don’t want a guy to pick me up and drop me home. I don’t want a guy to rescue me. I’m not saying all relationships fall in the clingy-needy category. I just don’t want one that does. I just want…I don’t know…a companion. I don’t know if what I want exists somewhere out there. Most of the guys I know have these weird ideas of what a woman/girlfriend should be- submissive, dependent, dumb.
This is so strange to me. All I’ve ever wanted from guys before is respect and acknowledgement- credit. I never expected anything to happen with even the guys I have liked. Of course, I was too chicken to ask any of them out! I don’t know- maybe this is just –God forbid! - me wanting to conform to societal norms.
Let me just clarify this: I don’t like any one right now, so I didn’t have anyone in mind while typing this. As fond as I am (:P) of all the guys I know, I don’t like any of them that way. And as far as I know, the lack of like is mutual.I just…sigh…I’ve reached a point in my life where having a guy would be nice. Is that such a bad thing?

3 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger glenn said...

Sweety! We all need that someone special. Just have a little patience & that perfect guy will just walk into your life. Im hoping he walks in sooner then you expect. You better thank me when he does.

Just make sure he's a great guy. Cos he has to be perfect to be worthy of you. so careful when you make that decision

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Kari said...

babe,if u find one who walks over u...i'll bloody kill him!!!

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger fedes said...

awwwwwwwww!
thanks u guys!
really really really appreciate it!
kari, if u tell anyone in college abt this post i'll kill u! jk.
big maybelline kisses to u- muah!
(lor' that's so sappy)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home